1) refcomp beta
Refcomp is a computer program which determines single base pair
mismatching sites betweeen a defined reference sequence and a
consensus sequence generated by an assembly of sequences.
3) Packing list
4) In order to run refcomp you will need
phred 0.961028 or later
phd2seqfasta 0.960108 or later
phd2qualfasta 0.960108 or later
phrap 0.960731 or later
For phred, phd2seqfasta, and phd2qualfasta contact
Brent Ewing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For phrap contact
Phil Green (email@example.com)
For consed and phredPhrap contact
David Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5) Save the refcomp distribution e-mail as a text file named
6) Decode the text file by typing 'uudecode refcomp.email'
7) Unpack the distribution by typing 'zcat refcomp.tar.Z | tar xfv -'
8) Change directory to 'refcomp' by typing 'cd refcomp'
9) The example can be viewed as soon as its been unpacked if consed 4.1
is already installed on your system. It is recommended that you first
look at the example and then try your own data. Please refer to
10) Directions for installing refcomp are provided in INSTALL.
11) An introduction and more detailed description of refcomp is available