REFCOMP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1) refcomp beta
Refcomp is a computer program which determines single base pair
mismatching sites betweeen a defined reference sequence and a
consensus sequence generated by an assembly of sequences.
3) In order to run Refcomp you will need
Phred 0.961028 or later
Phd2seqfasta 0.960108 or later
Phd2qualfasta 0.960108 or later
Phrap 0.960731 or later
For Phred, Phd2seqfasta, and Phd2qualfasta contact
Brent Ewing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For Phrap contact
Phil Green (email@example.com)
For Consed and PhredPhrap contact
David Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4) Make sure the required software is installed on your system.
5) Edit phredPhrapRef. The variable '$binDir' should be set to the
name of the directory where refcomp and phredPhrap will be
The variable '$aceFile' should be set to the name of the ace file
produced when phredPhrap is run on your system.
6) Copy ./perl/phredPhrapRef,
to a directory on your system where executables are stored.
7) Run RefComp on your own data For more information regarding
RefComp execution and the expected directory structure used to
organize input and output files please refer to EXAMPLE.DOC and